Monday 25 January 2010

The Big Apple




After the most gruelling flight of my life, a week or two later I'm finally in New York.





The crowds, the crowds. My god, the crowds.





New york is officially the most crowded place I have ever been in my little Pigeony life. I have never seen so many pigeons in the one place! I have never heard of so many pigeons being in the one place.


It's ridiculous really. I could barely move. Look!

These men were tourists too!


I was well fed though. People aren't meant to feed the pigeons, but unlike Washington citizens, New Yorkers are rebels. They also love pigeons. Their Pigeon Appreciation clubs are some of the biggest and best in the world.
The clubs often have fun days our together and organise events. It's really nice. Sometimes I wish I could be a human that appreciated pigeons.
Here is one of their websites: http://www.pigeonnyc.com/main.html

I love it. I browse through it all day looking at all the fun they have.

Later...
I found today that quite a few buildings around New York have spikes on them. It's so irritating! I can't sit on the edge of a building watching the world go by. I have to really search for a perch.
I'm going to make the big Atlantic trek in two days. I don't know where I'll stop overnight, but I'll work something out. Maybe I'll sleep on the water, I hear some birds do that...

For my final day in New York I'm going to take a tour of the statues.
>:]

No comments:

Post a Comment