Monday 25 January 2010

A Capital Day



Livin in the city.

Arrived in Washington today. Before heading into the city distracts I took a gander at the forests surrounding the city. I met some native pigeons there and they were pretty cool. They were a lovely soft grey colour, with a green neck thing and some purple too. They've got a white ring around their neck and then some green under that and then their chests are slightly mauve.



I'll be honest, they look weird. I thought it was kinda cool, but similarly I don't wanna look like that. They were gentle and nice but I decided it was time to take my leave and head into the city.

They city was sweet. Some people really like pigeons in Washington, and I checked out the local Official Pigeon Club. There's a few pigeon clubs, but they also have an official one like back in LA. They fed me and were nice to me and it was a great few hours.

I was hanging around the fountain waiting to get fed, as would be expected, but I went hungry. I asked some of the local pigeons (the weird ones like I had met earlier in the forest) why I wasn't being fed at all. They explained that pigeons were seen as a pest by the City Council of Washington and it was against the law to feed us.

I have no idea how they found this out, but I didn't engage in a conversation about the logistics, I simply thanked them for their helped and went to forage for food elsewhere.

I like Washington, it's quite Pigeon-Hospitable. I don't think I'll stay here though, I'll head east see what it's like in New York

It's going to be a long flight..


No comments:

Post a Comment