Friday 15 January 2010

The trek begins.

Kim Kyoung Jae, Pigeon Extraordinaire at your service.

Life as a pigeon in LA has been good, but it's also been boring so I'm about to embark at on a trek of epic proportions.


Pigeon life.


Los Angeles, my hometown.





This fountain, my alma mater.



In LA pigeons are accepted by everyone as a part of everyday life. They sometimes throw me scraps of food and I can hang around wherever I like.


It's probably one of the best places to live but the stability just isn't right for an andrenaline junkie like me. I need risks and dangers, challenges and obstacles!

LA does have one major perk though;
The LA Pigeon Pageant. All the pigeons know that where to go if you wanna pick up a chick (i.e. female pigeon, not baby pigeon)

Just check out this cutie





Ain't she pretty?





The LA Pigeon Pageant is for the LA-ers that are Pigeon Enthusiasts (like myself :P).
It's known as somewhat of a joke to some, but it's a serious day for most. People bring their pet Pigeons and present them as one would at a dog show or a horse show.
The LA Pigeon Club organise is and it's a big part of what they do.

http://lapigeonclub.com/pageant.html

No comments:

Post a Comment