Friday 22 January 2010

A Sad Day.

Today something really sad happened. My friend JaeBum was killed by a pigeon hunter out in the countryside, in Los Angeles County. He was fully domesticated and he had a little tag and everything. It was so harsh for that hunter to kill him. I'm sure there's laws against killing pets.




This was him the day he got his tag. He was so happy.

:(

He's the third friend I've lost to the hunters. I was going to hang around LA for a bit longer, y'know, checking out all my old haunts and then leave with the usual pigeon migration, but I'm leaving today. Losing Jae so suddenly like this reminds me how pigeons are seen as pests by so many people in LA. It's an easy life, but it's also an easy death.
I don't want to end up like Jae, in some hunter's lousy house as a trophy.

I'm going to head to Washington. See what it's like for pigeons around there.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment